Contouring and highlighting are used to create an illusion that would make your facial appearance well-defined than they really are. It creates the look of higher cheekbones and a slimmer nose and chin. It’s a new trend that was popularized by celebrity makeup artists, but with the right products and equipment it’s easy to do it on your own.
Today, you will be shown how to put a spotlight on your natural self with the help of foundation, concealer and powder.
When picking your highlighting and contouring, don’t go for shades that are way too light or way too dark for your skin tone.
Note that if you have really dark skin and can’t find a deeper shade of foundation and contour then a dark eye-shadow would do the trick..
The things you need are;
*Concealer in a shade lighter than your skin tone.
*Foundation, Concealer and powder, you need a shade darker than your skin
*Setting powder and Blush.
*A powder brush, Foundation brush or Sponge and a Concealer brush.
Steps to follow:
- When you want to contour your face, you should remove all your makeup, wash your face, and pat it dry with a towel. Exfoliate if necessary to remove dead skin, then apply moisturizer. Let your moisturizer soak in for several minutes before you apply your makeup.
- Apply foundation in your regular skin tone. Blend your foundation down to your neck since the skin is usually darker there once you blend the foundation midway the neck and the face have the same tone.Use a blending brush or your fingers to blend your foundation under your chin and around your neck so there won’t be a line separating your face from your neck.
- The third step is to mix your lighter concealer or foundation with your usual foundation using a brush or your fingers to achieve a perfect blend.
- Now use your concealer brush to paint a thin line with the highlighting mixture right above your jawline. Blend the makeup with a brush, sponge or your fingers until there is no visible line of demarcation between your foundation and the highlight as you would want it to look seamless.
- Blend the makeup with a brush, sponge or your fingers until there is no visible line of demarcation between your foundation and the highlight as you would want it to look seamless.
- The darker makeup ( contour ) goes on the sides of your nose right under the cheekbone and around the hairline.
- Next is to blend in the contour just like you did the highlight.
8. Add powder to your entire face to get rid of any excess shine and set your makeup ( eyebrow, eye-shadow etc) then finish off by adding blush to your cheek bones moving from the apples to the temples this would add dimension to your face and give it a pretty glow.